22 January 2009

The Plague

The Plague has infested our children. It arrived a week and a half ago and we are more than ready for it to leave.

Mason's on the mend (YAY!), but our sweet Levi boy is misery personified. I took him to the doctor yesterday and we have our first ear infection! On top of the diarrhea and consequential diaper rash, runny nose, cough, and fever.....

I have been getting lots of snuggle time.....the head-down-on-your-shoulder-wimpering-sad-boy snuggle time....it is heart breaking.

But, at the same time, I am thankful. I am thankful for strong boys that can fight off this bug. I am thankful for healthy boys...that really haven't been sick very often....and, as I am praying for healing and wellness for them, I am also praying for strength for the parents that have chronically ill children. Health is something I far too often take for granted....and this has refreshed my perspective.

My doctor told me how glad she was to hear Levi's pathetic cry...that she would listen to it all day long. You see, her 11-day-old niece has RSV and is on a ventilator. A ventilator. 11 days old. Her mommy can't hold her or feed her or hear her cry. That's heartbreaking. And so I pray for Heidi and her newborn daughter and her two siblings ages 2 and 4. And for all of the other parents whose minds and hearts are filled with worry and stress and pain.

1 comment:

Lady A said...

you need another entry to make this sickness leavE!