10 May 2011

JOY! JOY? JOY!

I asked a friend for a Mother's Day gift idea and she sent me this link. I thought it would be easier to go to Portrait Innovations.

But then I couldn't get it out of my mind. I had the perfect 3 letter word: JOY. And my friend reassured me that since they are black and white prints I didn't need matching clothes (Mason has a batman shirt on). Heck, I didn't even wipe their faces or comb their hair or weed my flower bed. And you wouldn't even know.

I fudged my way thru the craft...printed letters off of the computer instead of drawing my own. Had same friend help me edit the photos I took in the backyard. After picking up blurry/grainy pictures from Walgreens, I learned that my 5 year old camera is lacking in the dpi category. You can read about it yourself...dots per inch. Basically, I need a new camera if I am going to be able to compete in the photography business ;-)

But after numerous edits, reprints to eliminate or reduce blurriness, changing camera settings, retakes, and reading lots of articles on dpis...I was feeling less and less JOY...and I am pretty sure that my friend was wishing she would have never sent me the link in the first place.

But the grandmas were pretty JOYFUL when they saw these faces....and I was reminded and humbled about having JOY in the midst...that JOY is a choice....and that the source of all JOY is available to me at all times!


For you make me glad by your deeds, O Lord

I sing for JOY at the works of your hands.

Psalm 92:4


I have told you this so my JOY may be in you

and that your JOY may be complete.

John 15:11


May the God of hope fill you with all JOY and peace

as you trust in Him.

Romans 15:13

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about that friend of yours... sounds like she created a big headache for you! :)