06 June 2011

Beach Bummin'

Oh what a week we had in Myrtle Beach, SC!! My parents gifted my sister and me a week at their Marriott timeshare and we picked this fabulous resort in N. Myrtle Beach. Can you say "OCEANFRONT WITH 4 POOLS?" It was beyond wonderful!!

A blog I used to read described how she loved to 'freeze' her kiddos at the beach every year. And this description has stuck with me. The running on the beach...how did my firstborn baby get such big boy legs? And how fun are these cute little girl bathing suits?? Enjoy these pics of our amazing week of fun in the sun...in no particular order... :)


Ava supervising her brother's sandcastle making



Levi riding the waves with Daddy -- he LOVED every second of the ocean!!


Beach baby watching the wave riding


Daddy & Ava catching some rays (and tasting sand)


oh this face says it all! Did I mention Ava started crawling a few days before we left for vaca!

Pooltime with Daddy Shark...


love this surfer boy!


Mason's turn riding the waves. He took a little longer to warm up to the ocean's 'roughness', but by the end of the week he didn't need to strangle Daddy with his death grip....he actually was riding the waves NEXT to Tim and loved getting pummelled by the waves!

Even the promise of chocolate ice cream didnt get a photo of all 3 smiling


Mason found this hermit crab and wanted a pic.


Our Sleeping Beauty: poolside. Ava was a total trooper, sleeping when she needed to wherever we were. So this is what it is like to have a laid-back baby!

My sweet nephew Elijah -- he LOVES the water! He would go out on the balcony every morning and point to the ocean saying "waddur" with a huge grin!


waterslidin'. the sign said you had to be 48", but the lifeguards were super cool and our kiddos couldn't get enough of this slide!


brothers -- and I didn't even have to bribe for these smiles


and awake poolside

my boys: beach bound

Mom, there's a tv in our room!!!! I am surprised he left this bed all week!


the boys


nursing our 'babies' on the beach....


Luke & Levi buried by Mason.


Mason buried.


Levi taking a little break from the waves.

The girls.


our family of 5


this is the life.


Ava's first shower. Each of the kiddos had their first shower with Daddy while on vacation!


My sleeping beauty! (the animal print bikini made it despite Daddy's protests ;-)


"Mom, why do I have a boys swimshirt on???"




Trying to get a family pic was difficult to say the least ;-)


but we took it anyways!

Sunbathing with Daddy...


one of the pools! the kids loved the splash area!

My sister Emily showing off her 25 pound+ weight loss!!


Sportin' the shades ;-)

All systems gos for the beach!

w We stayed with my dear college friend Tricia and her familyon the way down to Myrtle. More on this later!! It was so fun--she is an absolute inspiration and we haven't laughed this much in a long time!


4 comments:

www.chasingdelight.com said...

Spectacular!!!!!! I feel like I was on vacation just reading this and seeing your awesome pictures! You and Emily are two hot mommas!!! Beautiful!

all my drucks in a row! said...

so happy for you! oh what a vacation can do for the mind!! =)

Anonymous said...

That trip looks amazing!! Wow, the beaches and that hotel....beautiful! What awesome memories you guys must have gotten out of those days.

Momma Best said...

@Tonia--wish you were there with us...how fun would that have been??

@April--it was great on so many levels!

@Corin--it was quite the gift from my parents!! absolutely beautiful resort and so perfect for kiddos. ;-)