17 June 2011

Safety Town




Oh this 5 year old year is filled with so many milestones and firsts and tear-jerking moments...it is like a year of getting slapped in the face with just how old your baby has become. You used to tell them they were a 'big boy' to encourage growth and development...as in, "What a big boy you are!" "Let's put on your big boy underwear." "Big boys eat their veggies." etc. etc. Well {GULP!} it has been this 5 year old year that has announced loud and clear that Mason has achieved official 'big boy' status.



And this week was Safety Town. 5 days in a row of 9:30a drop-offs and 11:30a pick-ups. He loved it. And I loved 5 days of precious one:on:one time with my second born while Ava napped (more on that later)!



Here are the pics of the Safety Town graduation. I admit I find all of these 'graduations' a little excessive....I mean, kids graduate more now than ever before: pre-school, safety town, kindergarten, etc. I know it is much more for the parents than the kids--which is probably why I find it annoying. But even I have to admit there is something rewarding about hearing your child's name and seeing them accept their 'diploma' when all they really want is the kool aid and traffic light rice krispie treat ;-) Well, if I am being honest, it is also quite fun to chuckle at the parents who arrive {at least} 30 minutes early to get a prime seat {on a picnic table} for this {once of a lifetime} occasion. You can see the back of these parents heads in this momma's pictures.



No comments: