26 September 2012

Cali

I had the incredible gift of traveling out to California (BY MYSELF!!!) for 4 days to attend my brother Matt's wedding. Everything was quite lovely and, although I missed my babies, it was fabulous to have a little alone time. Tim did an amazing job of holding down the fort with the kiddos--he seriously makes it look easy!
 
2 of my 4 days away were spent traveling....12 1/2 hours on the way there on Friday and a whopping 16 1/2 hours on the way home on Monday....but I had a good book and free wi-fi at the airport so that made it a bit more bearable.
 
A view from the bus window--a 3 hour bus ride through LA traffic (YIKES!) to Bakersfield. We went through a national forest that was a bunch of shrubs and ventured up and down mountains into the desert valley of Bakersfield. The bus station was in a not.so.nice part of town and my dad may have taken a wrong turn or two (who needs to use the GPS?), leaving me stranded for a little too long. I thought I was going to be disappeared.
 
Needless to say, I was happy to see this face!
 
 
 
I was whisked away to my very own hotel room (THANK YOU MOM & DAD!!) and got ready for the rehearsal in a record 20 minutes!
 
Matt looked pretty laid back and happy when I arrived! His house is beautiful and the rehearsal was easy peasy.





 

 
We sent this picture to my kiddos, showing them Uncle Matt's pool....they had been pretty jealous that I was going to a house with a pool so we thought we would have a little fun with them :)
All of the wedding details were lovely. Matt & Michelle were married poolside in their backyard. There were about 30 people there and it was a really great group. I wish I had taken more pictures! The celebration dinner was at a place called Momma Tosca's--Matt said it was the best.italian.food.ever and Momma Tosca and Luigi did not disappoint!






No comments: