08 July 2008

The Good Life

Levi and I are back from our LONG weekend to Maryland. Levi is now a veteran flyer and I felt like I was quite the 'expert' momma traveler. I got my shoes off, belt off, purse, diaper bag, carseat and stroller folded and up on the security belt without breaking a sweat or missing a beat. Nursed Levi in the bathroom on the plane so as not to freak anyone out on the completely FULL flight on the way back....much different than the whole row I had on the way there!

But that was, by far, the least memorable part of the trip.....I had a WONDERFUL weekend....staying with sister Emily, her hubby Dan, and happy baby or toddler or boddler Luke. And I must conclude after spending almost 5 days there that they live a CAPACIOUS life: Emily's homemade bread and delicious culinary talents, Dan's homemade cheese and beer, farm fresh eggs, raw honey, pure maple syrup, a huge and thriving garden, fresh blueberry pancakes, no tv, Dan's guitar, harmonica, and mandolin playing, surrounded by a great family, church, and wonderful friends....you can't help but kick your shoes off and meander through the garden or pop the top on one of Dan's home brews and take in the evening on the deck until it is way past your bedtime. No wonder Emily now drives like a grandma...life just slows down there. I have come back refreshed and recharged for life....I missed my husband and first born terribly, but the time away was a good break; time for a perspective change, a change in attitude....and I got to bond with my Levi Lunker...who continues to amaze me with his happy-go-lucky personality. He was a trooper and I can hardly remember those long, exhausting days of worry, nursing, frustration, screaming, crying...how can this possibly be the same baby????

1 comment:

Lady A said...

my life sounds so wonderful! What about the mess in the kitchen? Oh yea, just hang out on the deck and it disappears!