08 July 2008

Hood Girls are Good Girls

The group that is my friends from college is quite the special group...we are the chosen 13...and we call ourselves 'The Clique'...some of us have fought harder than others to be considered part of 'The Clique'...and luckily admission was reopened for a very short window of time to include the Classes of 2001 and 2002....because where would we be without The Iron Fist or FC ADA or yours truly??

Anyways, membership comes at a price. We must email updates, gather regularly, send flowers or chocolates for important additions/occasions. There is always a little drama going on amongst members....but our bond will never be broken...we are the SisterHOOD from Hood College and we have been through it all....we simply love each other.

Well, we went through a wedding season that took us near and far...New Hampshire, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Ohio...and we added 10 men to 'The Clique'. They also must attend gatherings and put up with our crazy love and bad karaoke dance parties, too much wine, reminiscences from college days...and they, too, have formed a bond. Now, it seems, as we all have either embraced or are about to embrace 30!!, we are in baby season. We already have 12 Junior Clique members...and are expecting another potential boom in 2009, especially with this past weekend's shocking announcement from Tina Sparkles and Jeffina....shocking since Tina has formerly been quoted saying, "Babies make my skin crawl..."

The reason that I am typing all of this is because, as part of my weekend festivities in Maryland, I was able to see most of my girls at Holly's backyard BBQ. Levi, again, was a trooper...going to sleep in a pack n play so mommy could talk and laugh and laugh and talk with her bestest friends until well after midnight! I will post some pics of all of us soon....and of the babies from the Baby Boom of '07-'08...and my visit with Rachers and Baby Z on Monday before my flight....

I love every minute I get with my girlfriends...I love how we love each other...I love that we are strong women with strong opinions....I love how we can make fun of each other and argue with each other like sisters....I love how we have multiplied....I love how we have watched each other become graduates, home owners, wifeys, mommys....I love how we can pick up right where we left off...I love how our differences blend together and how we are able to count on each other through thick and thin.

1 comment:

the(dai-ly)bean said...

Beautifully written, Amy! Miss you already...and it's only been a day! More importantly or not, I guess, but of importance, I talked to HG about B and she is planning on talking to her & suggesting help...will keep you posted.