16 September 2008

My Birthday Weekend...30 Never Felt Better!

I turned 30 this past Sunday and my loving hubby, mom, and sister threw me an 'almost-surprise' party on Saturday at a lovely local park. Luckily, we were under a pavilion b/c we were experiencing the remnants of Hurricane Ike...rain, rain, rain.
The fam was quite deceitful and almost pulled off a total surprise...even my sis, who I can tell is lying a mile away, managed every conversation without a hint of deceit.

It was so great to see my closest family and friends and share a birthday lunch and Karen Champa cake--YUMMY!! Thank you, thank you, thank you...for making me feel so special and loved on my birthday!!!

Of course, the question, "How does it feel to be 30...??" came up too many times to count. I have been busy preparing for the big three-oh...busy trying to get myself into a good mindframe to start a new decade...I started weight watcher's to shed some baby weight, got my hair cut and colored, and have been on a decluttering rampage. We have been throwing away so much and it feels so good....so I am actually happy to be 30...I am embracing it ;-)

Like I said at my party, 29 was a tough year...emotionally, physically, and spirtually...tough pregnancy, tough work schedule, tough 3 months of Levi's life, tough toddler sleeping issues, etc. This year has so many new promises for our growing fam: a full-time firefighter job for my hubby, a happy Levi, and my sweet Mason-sponge....a year of learning and exploring this world around us...together. I like where I am. I like 30. Now, 40 and I may have issues....but we've got some time to worry about that!!

Here's my verse for the year of 30--maybe I haven't been waiting as patiently as I should have been, but the Lord sure has heard my cry:

"I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand." Psalm 40:1-2
The Fam...


Cuzzies...


Brothers

Sisters

Cuzzies and a fan...what more do you need??

2 comments:

the(dai-ly)bean said...

Happy, happy birthday to a hot momma! LOVE your hair!!

Lady A said...

it would have been a surprise if you wouldn't have ruined it for yourself, super slueth!